CrossFit is a strength and conditioning system built on constantly varied, if not randomized, functional movements executed at high intensity. Each athlete performs the Workout of the Day or (WOD).
It incorporates the disciplines of gymnastics, Olympic weight lifting, and endurance training. It is this combination of programmed elements that yield superior human performance results to apply to your game, life or mission.
Our CrossFit program has been developed utilizing years of experience, empirical data, and evidence based results. There is no doubt about it, this is the best method of generating “true fitness.”
- Regimens built from functional exercises at high intensity and constantly varied structure
- Produce a superior cardiorespiratory adaptation
- Are essential to fitness and health
- Constitute the most effective rehabilitation from injury
- Comprise the only truly safe protocols
- Elicit an inordinate neuro-endocrine response
- Are singularly unique in developing core strength
- Yield unparalleled general physical preparedness or fitness
From the beginning, the aim of CrossFit has been to forge a broad, general, and inclusive fitness. CrossFit founders sought to build a program that would best prepare trainees for any physical contingency—prepare them not only for the unknown but for the unknowable. Looking at all sport and physical tasks collectively, they asked what physical skills and adaptations would most universally lend themselves to performance advantage. Capacity culled from the intersection of all sports demands would quite logically lend itself well to all sport. In sum, our specialty is not specializing.
This article is courtesy of CrossFit.com;.