Figs, Walnuts and Spinach Salad
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced thin
- 2 TBS white wine or apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup hot water
- 5 oz baby spinach
- 2 TBS balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp honey
- 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper to taste
- 8 dried figs, sliced
- 2 TBS chopped walnuts
- Slice onion and let sit for at least 5 minutes to enhance its health-promoting properties.
- Marinate sliced onion in 2 TBS white wine or apple cider vinegar and hot water for 10 minutes while preparing rest of ingredients.
- Rinse and dry baby spinach. If you have a salad spinner that is best, otherwise, dry with paper towels. This will avoid dressing getting diluted.
- Whisk together balsamic vinegar, honey, salt and pepper, drizzling in the olive oil a little at a time at the end. Toss with rest of ingredients and serve.